Purchasing floor covering can be an overwhelming proposition. We realize this is not something people buy every day so finding the right fit is very important. What we have done is provided a list of things we do beyond selling flooring to make the experience a positive one. In fact, our research shows that 81% of our customers are either past customers or referrals. This is a result of hard work and determination on the part of our sales staff and installers.
Please take a minute to read through the list below. We believe you will not find any other store, big box location or in-home shopping operation, who can say they do these things.
Just remember, with 80+ years of experience selling and installing flooring we are proud to say, "You'll have no CONCERNS when you BUY from Kerns".
Bill Kerns, President
1. LIFETIME INSTALLATION WARRANTY:Every product we sell and install comes with our lifetime installation warranty. We understand things happen and at Kerns the service to correct a buckling issue or a seam coming apart are fixed at no charge!
2. BEAUTIFUL GUARANTEE:The beautiful guarantee is intended to act like an insurance policy and offers the opportunity to make things right at no additional charge! If for any reason you find the flooring style or color are not what you anticipated, we will replace the floor and pay for the labor. The guarantee only applies to Gold, Platinum, and Titanium styles and must be acted upon in a specific time frame. Performance and installation related problems are not covered and furniture removal is extra.
3. CARPET ONE:Kerns Carpet One is affiliated with the largest buyer of flooring in the world. We buy more flooring than Home Depot, Lowes, and Empire combined. With over 2700 stores worldwide, Kerns is able to offer the lowest prices and best warranties on all carpet and hard surface.
4. KERNS CARPET ONE:We are the oldest specialty flooring store in the Milwaukee metro area. We are locally owned and operated and have been a part of this community for 80+ years! All of our employees and installers are based here and we do our share of giving back to the community through donations to the Community Warehouse, Vision Forward, Ronald McDonald House, Children's Outing Association, The Judy Kerns-Pence Colorectal Cancer Foundation, Rebuilding Milwaukee Together and Habitat for Humanities. For more details go to kernscarpets.com.
5. KERNS CLEANING:We are the only retail floor covering store to offer carpet and rug cleaning. This is a natural extension of what we do and with our professional flooring background we better understand the importance of helping our customer preserve the investment they make in their home. We also clean your upholstery, tile, and provide 24 hour flood restoration.
During the first year of ownership of your carpet, KERNS CLEANING (414) 351-1985 will provide at no additional charge unlimited spot cleaning. For more details go to kernscleaning.com or kernscarpets.com.
6. HEALTHIER LIVING INSTALLATION:Our competition and big box stores talk about installation; we at KERNS take this to a new level by offering certified installers and an installation system designed to minimize dust, allergens, mold or odor. The Healthier Living Installation package is designed to disinfect, and diminish microorganisms from becoming airborne during installation. Our goal is to preserve the home's indoor air quality for the duration of the installation.
Plus, we use an anti-microbial carpet cushion that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria and is hypo-allergenic and 100% recyclable.
We know more and more people are suffering from allergies and asthma. By offering Healthier Living Installation at no additional cost, we are providing a healthier environment for the care and welfare of your family.
7. FINANCING:At Kerns we understand things are tight today. Our financing packages make buying flooring more manageable and KERNS pays the interest. Stop in a learn more about our Extended finance offers, and how we can tailor a program to fit your needs.
8. SHOP AT HOME:Here at Kerns we understand making time to visit our stores can be challenging. This is why we launched our Shop at Home service 3 years ago. Our goal was to provide an added service to customers who don't have the time or cannot shop for flooring.
We are locally owned and operated and one of our trained sales people will assist you in selecting flooring for your home. Just give us a call at any one of our 2 locations or make an appointment by going to kernscarpets.com.
9. BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU:Kerns Carpet One continues to have a A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Before buying flooring, make sure the store you're dealing with carry's a comparable rating. The last thing anyone needs is a bad experience.
10. GET SOCIAL WITH KERNS CARPETS!
Kerns Carpet One – Fox Point(located next to North Shore Bistro)
8643 North Port Washington Road
Kerns Carpet One – Brookfield19655 W. Bluemound Road
10am – 7pm
10am – 6pm
10am – 4pm
12pm – 4pm
(Closed Memorial Day - Labor Day)